New Residents / Business

City of Anoka Banner hanging from Light Post

Electric Utility Service

Anoka Municipal Utility (AMU) provides electric utilities to the City of Anoka and portions of Champlin, Dayton, Coon Rapids and Ramsey.

If you are just moving in to Anoka, switching homes, or starting a new business in the area, call the AMU billing representatives to check if your new address is serviced through AMU, or stop in Anoka City Hall to set up new service, or switch apartments, etc. Our Anoka Municipal Utility Billing representatives can be reached at 763-576-2750 option Number 3, or visit Google Maps for directions.

Other Utilities

AMU also provides billing services to Anoka customers for a variety of other utilities such as water, sewer, storm sewer and recycling. These services will be discussed with AMU billing representatives along with deposit requirements and payment options when setting up electric utilities. 

Start-up Deposits

When applying for service you will be charged a deposit. There are several ways our residential customers can have a deposit waived. This information will be provided to you when you call to set up your account with us.

Commercial customers will be required a deposit of 3 times their average monthly bill. We allow commercial customers to provide us with bond or letter of credit in lieu of a cash deposit. Please contact our office for more information.

Helpful Resources

Print out our Community Resource and Residents’ Guide, found on the City of Anoka website, or stop by Anoka City Hall to pick one up! The Anoka Municipal Utility (AMU) Billing representatives are located inside Anoka City Hall as well.  Contact the AMUBilling Representatives with any questions, or see if you find your answer on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page!

Check out some relevant documents including the New Customer Booklet (PDF).